Monday, June 28, 2010

Fairystone State Park

For as long as I can remember, my family has been gathering at Fairystone State Park to celebrate Father's Day.  This is my grandfather.  We call him Popeye.  This is my mom's father.  I am so grateful to him for the Godly heritage he has passed down to my family.  

We always had a great time at Fairystone as kids, hanging out with our cousins and playing in the water.  It is really fun to bring Madeline and Oliver now.  And they LOVED the water.  Oliver had no fear and would just crawl on in until his face was under the water.

And Madeline got a new float/ring that she took out in the water.  It helped her to be so brave.  She had a great time.  

We enjoyed lounging around for the day, 

and enjoying company with our family.  Oliver liked all the attention from the ladies (even if they were his cousins.)


We enjoyed a little science when my cousin found a funny caterpillar on her towel.  

The things that look like eyes aren't really his eyes.  His head is the little "light gray" part sticking out on the bottom.  Apparently he is a Tiger Swallowtail Caterpillar almost ready to pupate (I don't think I like that word).  At least, that is what Google told me.  
Here is where I throw in a plug for my cousin, Christopher.  He's the really awesome drummer for a band called, Runaway City.   

You should go check out their new album, Armored Hearts.  It's really good.  And if you like it too, then you should purchase it so that he doesn't have to comb the beaches with a metal detector...

to get 59 cents to support his new wife.  This is the end of my plug for my cool drummer cousin.  


We had a great time at Fairystone this year. 

No comments: