Saturday, June 12, 2010

7 Months Old

Oliver is now closer to a year than birth.  A little sad, but actually very fun.  

He is a great crawler now.  He has even perfected the bear crawl when he gets onto a floor that he doesn't like, like the bathroom.  He hadn't noticed the stairs until tonight.  But, he can go up them with no problem.  So, now we need lots of practice on coming down.  

He is very curious or some may say, into everything.  He is starting to leave the fireplace alone and has moved onto the electrical sockets.  He especially loves the nightlight in his room.  He follows me around while I am vacuuming and is trying to get into cabinets.  He gets a ton of bruises on his head from crawling or falling into things.  

I don't know why I even bother to put a blanket down for him.  It's not like he's going to stay on it.  

He can pull up on anyone and anything.  He is starting to let go and stand up for short amounts of time.  He can cruise between objects if they are very close together.  It is more of an extreme reach.  But, he is getting better at it.  Today I saw him walk behind a walker toy as it kept rolling ahead of him.  We are guessing that he will start walking before Madeline did.  But, time will tell.     

He had his first haircut this month.  He had all these incredibly long stray hairs.  So, he sat so nicely for mommy while I cut them.  

NOT!  But, I got most of the really long ones before it became extremely dangerous for me to hold sharp objects next to his head.  

As I mentioned earlier, he is done nursing.  He is drinking his bottles really well.  He usually drinks a bottle right before his naps or bedtime.  He is eating solids for breakfast, dinner and sometimes lunch depending on where we are.  He isn't eating his solids as aggressively as he did when we first started.  But, he is showing a lot of interest in our food.  He loves cheerios right now.  He got one in his mouth tonight.  But, usually he misses and they all fall in his lap.  So, we give him a hand.  He's still working on the fine motor thing.    

He is definitely enjoying his big sister.  And she loves him.  

But, he is mobile enough to get into her things now.  Madeline is quick to grab up her things and move them out of reach.

 We are enjoying our happy, busy, smily, giggly, mobile, drooling little boy. (Seriously, he goes though a bib in about 10-15 minutes.)  We love you Oliver! 

5 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Oh my word, he is cute. I love the iPad pictures in black and white. Great shots!

Nathaniel Simmons said...

Is that your Ipad

Beth Simmons said...

Happy 7 months Oliver! You are such a cutie:) I absolutely adore the photo of the two of them looking at the Ipad:) Definitely a keeper!

krisha said...

I absolutely LOVED this post. I can't believe how much he's grown at 7 mo!! Na, as always your commentary makes me laugh! I can't believe how he looks like Madeline's size! And I like how Madeline has her own ipad :)I love love love the B&W pix of them together!

The Sinks said...

The ipad pics should be an advertisement for them. Seriously.