Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Don't Judge Me

Last Friday, I was trying to finish packing to go out of town for the weekend and Oliver was into everything.  He had pulled his night light out of the socket, opened the TV cabinet, opened the fireplace doors and pulled a lamp over on the floor.  I just needed a few minutes to finish packing without Oliver's life being in jeopardy.  So, I turned on a sign language video for him.  And he sat like this for the entire 30 minute video.  Seriously.  He didn't move.  Well, except for the time he fell over backwards (which would usually cause a little whimper) and just continued laying there.  I got all the packing finished and he probably has a few less bruises on his forehead for the time being.  It was a win - win situation.  So, like I said, don't judge me.  

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Savannah watched a lot of Elmo when she was very small, and it didn't hurt her! ;) no judging from me!!!

Beth Simmons said...

Adorable:) Why would we judge? A boy needs to learn his sign language doesn't he?

Jess said...

Ha ha - I love it - the first time Megan watched a video, she did the same thing.

Paul Glenn said...

It's good that he has that power of concentration.

Briana said...

no judging. what is the video? i'm intrigued.

Naomi said...

It's "My Baby Can Talk" sign language videos. Madeline watched them too and started signing around 10 months. It was WONDERFUL to be able to communicate with her. Andrew was worried it would delay her speech. But, it definitely did not in any way. You should google it!