Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Meijer Gardens

On one of our last days in Michigan, we went to Meijer Gardens which is a HUGE garden and sculpture park.  We spent probably about 4 hours there and definitely didn't see all of it.  I split our pictures into 2 post because there were too many.  

Can you see the man and woman in this sculpture?

The gang- Aunt Donna and Uncle Roger with 2 of their grandchildren, Eli and Zeke, our family and Andrew's parent.  

It was a really fun place for the kids.

The carnivorous plant exhibit.  "Feed me Seymour!"

This was part of the kids park.  There was a huge water area that was a map of the great lakes.  Great lesson in geography!


The kids got to get boats to float through the different lakes.  




Madeline found a "baby" and "big girl" in a small log cabin.  

She took them to "Target".

Takin' a short rest.  It was pretty hot that day.  

2 comments:

Krisha said...

What a fun place!! I would love to see that! The sculpture reminded me of Psyc 101. :) whew.. I passed!

the mcquiddys said...

That place looked awesome! Took me a second, but I did see the two faces too. Looks like you guys did everything while you were in Michigan. :)