Monday, September 20, 2010

Oliver's First Haircut

Oliver has been in need of a haircut for a while now.  It gets in his eye and is pretty scraggly looking.  So, we decided to cut it at home last night.  

I have absolutely no experience cutting hair.  But, I was worried that if we took him to a salon/barber they would  misunderstand what I wanted and cut off too much and then he would look like a little boy instead of my little baby.  I just wanted things trimmed up a little bit.  Do you understand what I'm sayin'? 


Madeline did a good job fetching toys to keep him occupied and then she would come back and put her arm around Oliver and look at Andrew to take her picture.  


See what I mean?  It's in his eyes.  That just seems like it would be so annoying.  We already have one child with hair in her eyes all the time.  We can't handle another!


The finished product.  Maybe not perfectly straight or professional.  But, he is cleaned up a little and looks like my little baby.  And he seems happy with it.  That's the important part.  Keeping your customers happy.  
He got a kick out of looking at himself in the mirror.  







9 comments:

Maureen said...

What a cutie! I'm the mom that hovers over Cooper at the barber shop because I'm terrified they are going to give him some super trendy haircut or a mohawk or something terrible like that! I don't even like it when they put gel in the front and make it stick up.

Beth Simmons said...

Super cute photos of super cute kiddos:)

Briana said...

nicely done!

Becky Swann said...

That looks great! I love the series of him looking at himself in the mirror! He is so cute!

Lauren said...

1. nicely done, momma!
2. he is adorable and entertaining.
3. he kind of looks like your dad in some of those pictures :)

Krisha said...

wow! I think the photos with Oliver in front of the mirror are the cutest ones I've ever seen of him! I actually saw a lot of your dad (Na) in him in the shot right after the back-of-the-hair shot. It's a tie now between grandpas! Could you please come cut Chase's hair?!

Jana said...

I'm thinking you should have enlisted Jaime and I to do his first haircut....we did such A GREAT JOB on yours all those years ago, right? But, you did do a great job and he is the most adorable little boy!!!

Naomi said...

Oh Jana, that brings back so many memories! I will never forget my mother's look of horror when she saw my wonderful haircut. I'm not sure why I let you guys cut it or where we ever even got the idea to cut it. But, I learned my lesson. :)

Jaime Lee said...

Hey now, was it that bad? Haha, I am not sure what we were thinking but I would like to say that my skills have improved since then. I cut all 3 of my guys hair now :)
Oh my what cuties you have!!!