Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tags

Oliver loves tags.  It doesn't matter if it is connected to a stuffed animal, a blanket or his sister.  

So, today, while I was shopping at a kid's store, I checked out the Taggies blankets.  One little 12x12 blanket was 25 bucks.  Hello?!?  Now, I am pretty sure they weren't the cheapest at this store.  In fact, I have seen them for as little as $15 online.  But, $25.  I should get a full crib quilt for that.  So, I said to myself, "Self, you can totally make one of these."  So, I headed to JoAnn's Fabrics and found the softest fleece you have ever felt (seriously) and a bunch of ribbon.  I started working on it while the kids were taking naps today and finished it after they went to bed.

It is possibly a little over stimulating.  But, we'll see what Oliver thinks about it tomorrow.  Right now it is being washed to get rid of all the lent.  There's way more on the floor.  It looks like a Muppet Baby died on our carpet tonight.  

So, for around $4, Oliver has a bunch of tags to play with and maybe he can leave his sister alone for now.  And hopefully it will help him feel better.  I took him to the doctor today and he has Strep.  Poor baby.  But, he is on the mend.  

4 comments:

Briana said...

well done telling the story with great accompanying pictures and cute comments like referring to yourself as "self" and saying a muppet baby died on your carpet. i give this post the blogworld gold medal of excellence.

:)

Building Walls said...

Ah yes vote #2 for the blogworld gold medal :) :) and that first picture is AMAZING!!! SOOO cute :) Great job sewing!

Sincerely Anna said...

That taggie blanket is SO CUTE, Naomi! I love the first picture, too. What a great shot of them.

Lauren said...

that picture is so cute. cracked me up! savannah also loves tags but would have nothing to do with the taggie blanket. which i bought. because i cannot sew. i'm not as awesome as you. :) i want to know how Oliver likes it!