Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Roanoke

Several weekends ago, we traveled down to Roanoke so that Andrew could do his annual triathlon at Smith Mountain Lake.  Unfortunately, this is one of the only pictures I have of his participation in the race.  It is actually with our friend Joe, in the parking lot, just before we left to go home.  Joe's wife wrote a funny post about a bet the guys made on this race if you would like to check it out.  I was unable to cheer Andrew on since I made it to the race after Andrew had crossed the finish line.  (I know, "wife-of-the-year" award goes to me.)

While we were in the Roanoke area, we had a great weekend with my family.  We spent a lot of time outdoors since the weather was gorgeous and Pawpaw had just finished this cool tree house.  

We loved sliding down the slide...  

 and swinging super high (Madeline and Oliver both).



We helped Gigi water the plants and feed the birds.  

We snuggled with Pawpaw.





We played with bubbles.


We played with Gigi's friend, April, who knows how to win Madeline's heart...


...donuts, the strawberry with icing and sprinkles kind.

Mom found a way to get non-grumpy pictures of Madeline.  Have a TEA PARTY!  She was so excited she even let me get her all dressed up for it.  She got to bring monkey to the party and serve him tea and carrots out of my great grandmother's china.   


It sure is fun at Gigi and Pawpaw's house!

5 comments:

Nathaniel Simmons said...

Wow! These are great pictures

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Naomi, i am amazed at how much Oli and Madi look like Paul and Marg. :) hahahaha, it's incredible!! ;) Have you seen http://www.stephaniefayblog.com/ ?

She is awesome, check her out! Her pictures are the best I may have ever seen.

Did ya'll hit up the star when in Roanoke? hahaha, an ex bfriend took me there once..

the mcquiddys said...

I love these pictures Naomi! So sweet. I especially love the tea party ones. What a great idea to use suitcases for a little girl table. Very chic. :)

Beth Simmons said...

I love all these fun photos! It's definitely more fun at Gigi's and Pawpaw's when everybody's home:) We sure loved having you all here!