Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why I am a little sleepy today...

Last night, a few of my friends from church decided to have a freezer cooking night.  We all brought ingredients to make 8 different meals to keep in our freezers.  We started at 7 (actually a little later because I can never get anywhere on time), and we didn't finish until midnight.  I brought my mom along with me since she is in town.  A big thanks to her for helping, especially since she isn't even getting any of the food.  We worked hard for those 5 hours.  I'm still deciding if it was worth it or not.  It's great to have a freezer stocked with food.  And of course, I always enjoy an evening with my friends.  It might just be a little more relaxing playing a board game :)  But, it was definitely worth giving a try.  

Here is what we made; Black Bean Breakfast Burritos, Manicotti, Sausage and Ravioli Lasagna, Sloppy Joes, Fajitas, Enchiladas, Chicken Fingers and Pizza Roll-ups.  I'm excited to give them all a try.  
And of course, when I got home, Oliver was awake.  So, I ended up getting to sleep around 1am (which isn't highly unusual).  Then he woke up about every 20-30 minutes from 5-8am (which IS unusual).  He is sick and had rough night.  Oh well, I guess if I was tired enough, I would be taking a nap right now instead of blogging.  


2 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

Wow, that must have been a lot of fun! I can see why you're tired today. Hope Oliver has a better night's sleep tonight.

The Sinks said...

Hmmm...I've been thinking about arranging one of these, but instead of cooking/preparing it all together, having everybody bring 8 (or so) servings of their food already made and portioned out to just exchange. Would that have been better?