Monday, February 1, 2010

Deceptively Delicious


At one of Oliver's baby showers, I was given the cookbook, Deceptively Delicious, by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld's wife). The premise is to hide vegetable purees into food so that you can serve your family vegetables without having to have the daily battles over "eating your vegetables".

So, I decided to give it a try. My first recipe?... Mac n' Cheese!

The secret ingredient?... 1/2 cup of butternut squash.

along with other yummy stuff like cream cheese and paprika.

And viola! I now have a yummy, healthier, creamy mac n cheese that Andrew actually approved. The true test will be tomorrow when I give it to Madeline. We are also going to try the chicken nuggets this week.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

Okay, I want the recipe because we have all this butternut squash from the garden and i'm unsure how to use it all. This sounds like a good idea. Plus, I would love a mac n cheese recipe besides kraft that my kids will eat.

Beth Simmons said...

It looks and sounds good! Your pics are great!