Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our Exciting Weekend


We had the pleasure of having some wonderful company this weekend, The Redcays! Jaime is my oldest friend (as in we have been friends for the longest time, not that she is 90 years old.) We were born several hours apart and grew up together. She now lives in Pennsylvania with her family, Jed and Simeon. So we don't get together too often. But, it is always a treat to get to spend time with them. It was even extra fun this time because we got to hang out with Simeon who is almost a year old. He had lots of fun playing the piano!


He was so fun to be around because he just smiled all the time.

And why not throw in a few more pictures of him because he is so stinkin' cute.




On Saturday, Jaime's younger sister, Abbey, came over to give us hair cuts. While she was giving us hair cuts, the boys, Andrew and Jed, went to look for the canoe to see if they could work on it a little bit. So, here is the quick sequel to our canoe story. It has been stolen again. And I don't think we are going to find it this time. Sad, I know.

Here is a picture of my new do. Thanks Abbey!

Here is another picture of my hair and my belly at 24 weeks. (This is just for you Cristen. :))


After all the hair cuts, we went to the Montgomery County Agricultural Fair.

I know, how much agricultural stuff is there in Montgomery County, the land of a million people, traffic and homes. But, you would be surprised that there are still many farms just north of us. I even saw one of my students with his cows at the fair. And we saw this amazing rabbit. It is called a Giant Angora. He was definitely giant and he looked like he had stuck his paw into an electrical socket. He was soooooo fluffy.


What else would you want to see at a fair? Perhaps the world's largest boot.



We had a great time with Jaime, Jed and Simeon this weekend. We already started working on a pre-arranged marriage for Simeon and our little girl. We are looking forward to the next time we get to hang out. Thanks for coming down!

3 comments:

Becky Swann said...

Oh yeah Jaime and Abbey! Oh my goodness it has been one million years since I have seen them! Tell them hello! Oh that made me miss you and middle school!

Becky Swann said...

Oh and Simeon is soooooo cute!

The Sinks said...

Yay for the cute belly shot! I totally started reading the blog and saw the first picture and was gonna leave a comment that you needed a belly shot, and I scrolled down and there it was! :) Thanks!!