Thursday, August 9, 2007

Baby Update


We had another doctor's appointment yesterday. We also got to have another sonogram. The doctors needed to finish checking out her heart. And they said it looked beautiful. They also said that she had a long femur. So, maybe she won't get stuck with her mom's short stumpy legs. It was a little hard to make out the pictures this time. I don't know if it because she is bigger or because the sonographer didn't really take the time to explain everything like at the 19 week sonogram. But, it is still really fun to see our baby. I guess the next pictures we will get will be of her actually here in the real world full of oxygen rather than water.

I am now 23 weeks along. Last time I wrote about her, I couldn't feel her moving yet. Now, she rarely stops moving. But, it is such a sweet feeling. Before I could feel her, I thought it would be just like little kicks every now and then. But, she is a mover. I told Andrew that I thought she was going to be a swimmer because it feels like she is doing flip turns at the end of pool over and over. Sometimes I can just sit and watch my belly being poked from all her movement. It is really fun to feel and see her moving. It lets me know that she is ok and I guess slowly running out of room in there. Sometimes it feels like she is stretching her little arms or legs way out just trying to stretch my uterus for a little more room. I'm sorry for her that things are just going to get tighter from here on out.

Andrew and I think that our sonographer has a foot obsession because she always gives us pictures of her feet. But, at least on this one, I can count all 10 toes.

No comments: