Thursday, August 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

My birthday was back in July. But, I really wanted a Nintendo Wii and we couldn't find one anywhere (because Nintendo won't make enough.) Anyways, I have been searching for a Wii for a while and I finally found one today while shopping with mom at Walmart, in Roanoke. (A Super Walmart, I might add. I miss Super Walmarts in Maryland :( )So, it is my happy birthday present a month late.

For those of you who have never played Wii or seen it, it is really fun. I have the one game that came with it, Wii sports. You can do tennis, bowling, golfing, boxing, and baseball on it. If you are playing tennis, then you hold the controller like a tennis racket and swing it. It can actually make you pretty soar in your shoulders.

My grandparents stopped by to visit and we all did a little bowling. It was very fun. I think everyone got a few strikes except for me.

Go Popeye!!


Nice strike, Aunt Phyllis!


The game got a little intense at times with dad's trash talk during mom's turns.


Bring it on!



I know, I don't look like I am bowling. It is because I am actually playing tennis. Can't you see my beautiful backhand? I played with mom too and I accidently hit her in the arm. Oops, sorry mom! She is ok though.


So, if any of you want to play with us, come on up for a visit! It'll be fun!!

2 comments:

Nathaniel Simmons said...

congratulations on being a wii owner - I am jealous.

Becky Swann said...

So cool, The first nintendoI played was mario bros and duck hunt in your basement! Now look how far you've come :)