Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Pottery

Andrew has been sick since Saturday with food poisoning or some kind of not-fun stomach illness. So, I took the day off today so I could be a good wife and take care of him and take him to the doctor. He has been sleeping for most of the day, so I have had a chance to work on my report card comments which are due on Friday. I told myself that if I can get through half of them, then I could reward myself with some blogging time. So, here I am, halfway through 26 report card comments. Then, I started thinking about what I wanted to blog about and I made of list of 5 different things. So, stay tuned. Maybe when I finish 6 more comments, I will post another blog.

Anyways, here are my latest pottery creations. I realized that I have a lot of bowls. And they are mostly the same size. But, I guess you have to start somewhere. It takes several weeks to make a bowl.
Week 1: You make the bowl on the wheel. Then wait for it to dry a little.
Week 2: You trim the bottom of the bowl down so it looks nice. Then you wait for it to dry a little more. Hopefully it can get fired in the kiln during this week.
Week 3: You get to glaze it. Then you have to fire it again.
Week 4: It is finally ready to go home.





This is where I learned to put a "foot" onto a bowl.






My first mug. I had a hard time with the handle. It isn't very pretty.


Here are all of my creations so far.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

eh?!?! When did you become a pottery convert?? If you start a business I'm moving near you and joining up. I'll get my portfolio ready for you guys...^_^