Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A Long Day in the Lunchroom

You may be wondering why I am so happy and Andrew is so sad in this picture.


Well, it is because "A Long Day in the Lunchroom" is finally gone! If you haven't seen this art piece or even heard of it, then you are missing out. This is Andrew's giant artwork that he made several years ago The board black board is from the dumpster and he painted it black. The white things are styrofoam cups that he designed for his piece. Now, as much as I want to be a supportive wife, I have disliked this "thing" from the beginning. First of all, it is gigantic. It is has been in our guest bedroom, taking up room, for about 2 years now. Second of all, it is a bit modern for my taste. And it doesn't really match our decor. Third, I had to move it everytime I wanted to vacuum because it was blocking the plug. Fourth, it isn't biodegradable. And that is very important to me :) JK Anyways, Andrew tried to sell it on Ebay, but needless to say, no one wanted to pay the $1000 he was asking for it.




But, if you really liked it, don't worry. It hasn't gone too far. Andrew convinced his mom to create an art gallery in their attic. And of course she needed "A Long Day in the Lunchroom" as the token piece. What a sweet mother.

No comments: