Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Birthday

I got to spend my birthday at the beach again this year.  I began the day relaxing on the beach and searching for an internet signal on my ITouch so that I could check all my Facebook messages.  Because, let's face it, your birthday is the best day to check Facebook.  

For dinner, we headed to our favorite Japanese restaurant in Myrtle Beach.  We go there every year, usually on my birthday.  

My brother, Nathaniel and his girlfriend, Kanon.  Aren't they cute?

Big Girl and Baby joined us as well.  They even got their own seats.  Big Girl and Baby go everywhere with us.  They may even deserve their own post.  So, more on them in the future.  

After some yummy Filet, we headed to Putt-Putt.  (Around these parts, it's called Mini Golf.  I remember my students looking at me like I had 2 heads when I talked about putt-putt.  But, when I said, "mini golf", they were all like, "oh yeah, we know what you are talking about.")



Oliver and I played a mean game of one-handed putt-putt.  I think I even came in 2nd or 3rd.  Well, at least in the top 6.  I thought, for sure, he would go to sleep in the sling.  But, nope, he has found all kinds of new ways to keep himself awake.  




We had to wait a little bit for the train to take us to the top of the course.  



Madeline seems to be a little concerned about something outside of the train.  

She actually did pretty well for her first time. And she had a lot of fun.







After putt-putt, we came home to some yummy cake that Andrew and Madeline had made together earlier in the day.  

One day, when looking back at this picture, I might think I was turning 33.  But, Madeline thought I should have those 4 extra candles. 

And she helped me blow them out.  So,  I still get my wish.


It was pretty yummy.  Thanks for my wonderful birthday everyone!

3 comments:

Krisha said...

Yay for bday posts. Yep I think I'm your biggest blog fan. :) So glad Madeline thinks your 33- that means you are so mature mommy! Good job putting with little Oli on your hip. Does he like his sling? I LOVE that material. so cute. Did someone make the sling? I always eat Japanese on my bday too! Great pix of Nathaniel and Kanon. :) and the monkey guests too. now I'm curious why they should have their own blog entry. your putt putt comment made me laugh. must be a roanoke thing cuz I say it too.

Unknown said...

OH, that pic of M is awesome...her eyes are soo stinking clear!!!! Happy birthday!!! 28? still a young mama. Hope you had a great day!

the mcquiddys said...

Enjoying all your beach pictures. Glad you had such a great birthday! Seeing your birthday cake is definitely making me quite hungry for something sweet right about now.

Thanks for the advice about the bathmat, too. I had looked at Target for some, but wasn't sure which kind to buy. I don't want one that is going to get all gross and mildewy! I'll have to look again because I think that would make bathtime a little easier. :)