Tuesday, July 20, 2010

More Myrtle

My parents bought a tent to bring down to the beach so that we would all have some shade to relax under.  After looking at this picture, it looks like we brought everything but the kitchen sink down to the beach.  If you look closely, you can see Oliver taking a nap on the raft.

Oliver just did what he does best, go with the flow. 

Nathaniel and his girlfriend, Kanon, read about a bajillion books.  Oh, the vacations before kids.  I actually did get through one book.  That's the most I have read all year, except for other blogs.  If blogs were actually books, then I have probably read about a bajillion books as well this year.    

Madeline loved the ocean.  She kept asking to go out further.  She loved jumping over the waves and having them break on her.  She also road a bunch of waves on the boogie board.  Mom and Dad pulled her out and then let her ride them in.  The beach is so fun now that I can watch Madeline doing the things that I grew up doing on vacation.  

We enjoyed some down time in my grandmother's condo.  Oliver is really into The 10 Little Ladybugs now.  That used to be Madeline's favorite book too.  

My happy guys.


Pawpaw must have the most interesting mouth.  Remember this from last year? (You have to scroll down to the 9th picture.)




We tried to find the alligators at one of our favorite restaurants, The Chesapeake House, but all we could find were turtles.  Lots and lots of turtles.  


So, we stopped looking for them and used the opportunity for some pictures.










Don't worry, we didn't take this many pictures every day of the trip.  But, I do think I have a few more to share.  

3 comments:

the mcquiddys said...

The last picture is just adorable. I feel like it really represents your family unit. :)

Sincerely Anna said...

Great pictures! It looks like you had so much fun. Way to go, Madeline, riding those waves!

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

I love the family photos (especially the cheek kissing one!) and that has to be the coolest tent your parents got for the beach!!! It looks like you had a fabulous time, but I am glad you are home. :-)