Friday, July 2, 2010

Glen Echo Park

On Wednesday, a few ladies from my care group met at Glen Echo Park to hang out.  They have lots of things to do there like puppet shows, plays, nature classes, dancing, concerts, etc.  But, we were there for the carousel.  The girls (Oliver was the only boy) were so excited to ride on it, they couldn't even play on the playground while they waited for everyone to arrive.  

Jillian

Faith

Xandra

Theia

Madeline (Did you notice how everyone else's children will look at my camera.)  Oliver rode on the carousel as well.  But, I was holding him.  Thus, no pictures of him.   He loved studying the top of the carousel.  He was fascinated by the ceiling or the mechanisms that made the horses go up and down.    

Mr. Horse

Trisha, Aliyah and baby #4 on the way.  (See, even Aliyah will look at the camera even though she was really afraid of the carousel.)

After a ride on the merry-go-round, we ate lunch.  All the girls took turns praying, except Madeline.  I'm sure she prayed on the inside.

After another ride on the merry-go-round we swung for a little bit.

Aliyah, no longer scared.

One of Madeline's favorite things to do.  She loves to go as high as possible.  
We ended our day with a little ice cream and then headed home for nap time.  Madeline slept until 7.  She was tired.  But, we had a blast and will definitely go again soon.  

3 comments:

Krisha said...

Loved seeing Madeline's friends! Such beautiful girls! And I love the shot of the girls praying together. What a sweet memory you moms will have for years to come. I think Madeline and Chase should hang out since they both hate cameras! haha. I laughed out loud that you included Mr. Horse. Too funny. I'm glad Oliver is getting used to having lots of cute girls around.... He'll need practice for the future when he's the little heartthrob!

Unknown said...

Dang, these pictures are awesome!!! I know..I could check out August Fields blog ALL DAY!!! Check out this blog http://littlemothdesign.blogspot.com/. LOVE the designs. awesome

Sincerely Anna said...

Cute pics! Your comment about the praying picture cracked me up.