Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Jeni's Having a Baby!

This past weekend, I headed to Chesapeake, VA for a baby shower.  One of my roommates from college, Jeni, is having a baby at the end of May.  This will be her first.  But, it will be the 8th baby among my roommates with a 9th one due a couple weeks after Jeni's.  It is always fun to find an excuse to hang out with my roommates.

  Kim did an amazing job with the decorations.  She is quite the crafty girl.  You can check out more of her work at Thirty One Eighteen

We played several games.  The first was the Sock Game!  We timed everyone to see who could fold the baby socks the fastest.  (With my amazing baby sock folding talent, I won an adorable bag, which now Madeline has found and has dubbed "her purse" which she carries all of her pretend food in.  Maybe I will get to use it someday.)

Then we played a baby item guessing game.  We had to feel what was inside of the paper bag and guess what it was.  (Once again, all the hours of baby shower game prep paid off.  This time I won an apron.  Which I am very excited about because I have been wanting an apron for like 5 years.)

The final game is one that I have heard and read about.  But, never played.  And since I had won the first two games.  I graciously took myself out of the competition to capture looks of disgust and horror like this.  Oh yea, it's the candy bar poop game.  Melted Almond Joys and Hershey Bars in diapers....mmmm.

On that note, it was time for a break from the games and to get some cake.  My freshman roomy, Krisha.    I like her lots! :)

Now that our bellies are full, we can watch Jeni open her presents.



Everyone, except JRob :(.  Me, Jeni, Krisha, Cristen and Kim.  

The two preggos (that we know of ;)  

I like how they both instinctively put their left hand under and their right hand over their bellies.  

I'm so excited for you Jeni!  You are going to be a great mommy!  We can't wait to meet little Jordan!

4 comments:

Krisha said...

yay for F&G fun!!! :) thx Na for the great pix. I think they came out clearer than my wedding pix. :)

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

What cute effengee girls...and none of you look a day over 22!!

Congrats to Jeni!!

The Sinks said...

Great pics! And, as far as I know too, that pic of the TWO preggos is correct! ;)

Sincerely Anna said...

When I saw these pics last night on your FB I coulda sworn Jeni was your sister! Looks like you all had a great time! Congratulations to the mommy-to-be. And congratulations to you for mad shower game skillz!