Monday, January 10, 2011

Piano and other random info

Most people play Bach or Beethoven.  My kids play "bunny".  It's pretty good if you ask me.  

Did you know that I was a piano major in college?  It's true.  I took piano lessons for about 9 years before I went to college and began majoring in Music Education.  It took me 2 years to be brave enough to know music wasn't for me and to move on to early childhood education.  But, I don't think I would have gotten into JMU if it hadn't been for music.  And then I would have never met my wonderful husband.  And then you wouldn't get cute pictures of our kiddos playing "bunny".  I guess God knew what he was doing.   But, I don't know if dad was happy with the extra year it took me to finish (thanks Dad!)
 That being said.  I think our piano gets played way more by my kids than me.  Maybe Madeline will let me teach her more than "bunny" one day.  Oliver, he's a button guy.  If it has buttons, he loves it.  That includes the piano, remotes, phones, DVD players, TVs, etc.  I think that is the only reason he likes the piano.  But, that's ok.  
In other random news, Oliver now has Strep for the 4th time. That really stinks.  I almost cried when they told me at the doctor's office today.  I don't know why.  I guess I just thought we had conquered it.  (And maybe I was feeling a little overwhelmed with the 2 crying and clingy babies/children in the small, hot room) And he is so miserable this time.  Way more than the past 3 times.  I gave him a bath at 3am last night because that is the only thing that would settle him down.  Poor guy.  Hopefully he is feeling better in the morning now that he has started his antibiotic.

And to answer your question, did I serve smoothies in Tupperware cups?  Yes and no.  The green one is the real Tupperware that I grew up using.  Somehow I stole it from mom and it is at our house.  The yellow one is a similar set from The First Years, I believe.  It has the same type of lids.  It isn't quite the same.  But, pretty close.  I still use the tupperware cups when I go home.

One more thing, smoothie recipe:
I don't really have specific measurements, sorry.
~Frozen strawberries (a couple handfuls)
~1 container of yogurt (usually strawberry or mixed berry.  I also tried peach, and I thought it was really good.  But, Madeline thought something was wrong with it.)
~ A heaping spoonful of Flaxseed Meal
~milk
~a nice squeeze of honey

Blend it up, pour in cup, add straw, enjoy.  If it is too thick, add more milk.  If it is too runny, add more strawberries.  And that's how we do it.

Sorry for the randomness.  That's just how I'm thinkin' tonight, I guess.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

I am SO sorry to hear that he has strep. How frustrating! Praying for a better day!

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

hi friend! some random respondes for your random post: sorry about oliver...sick kids are no fun for anyone, and you have surely had your fair share lately. c's had croup (in my professional medical opinion) for several days and it's been no fun. dan and i were just talking the other day about you being a music major; he hadn't known. you are making me want a a smoothie, i may have to bust out the blender today. i think it'd be good for c's throat, and my tastebuds.

Jenny said...

I hope Oliver feels better soon!

Maureen said...

The smoothies sound delicious. I think I'm out of yogurt. Oh well. :) thanks for sharing!

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

We are praying for you sweet friend.

krish said...

so here's a shout out to your parents for allowing you to be at JMU as a music major and awesome roomy!! sorry kiddos r sick. feel your pain.