Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Imaging USA

I just got home from Imaging USA a few hours ago.  It is a huge photography conference with about 10,000 photographers attending.  There were many classes to take and a huge trade show.  I came back with some really great business ideas and fun products to offer clients and to put in my own home.  

 These aren't the best pictures. Just proving that we were there.  This conference center was absolutely HUGE!  I looked it up.  It has about 1.3 million square feet.  And all of our classes were at the very back of the entire conference center.  So, we did a lot of walking, plus the 4 blocks to even get to the conference center.  


This is about 1/3 of the trade show.  It took us all 3 days to get through it all.  We were on a little overload by the last day.  It seemed like everyone was giving away an IPad.  But, we couldn't seem to win one.  It's hard when you are competing with 10,000 other people.  

I have been trying to decide between a new Nikon D700 and Canon 5D Mark II camera.  It was good to be able to talk to both companies and finally decide on my new D700.  I am so excited to start using it.  I didn't bring any lenses with me.  So, I borrowed mom's while we were there and took it around our last day.  

 This was on our walk to the conference each morning.  The last day was the only one that brought sunshine though.  I was hoping for temperatures in the 60's and 70's the whole time.  But, it hung out in the 40's and 50's with rain and cloudy skies.  

So, when it reached almost 70 on the last day, we headed out for some yummy lunch on the Riverwalk and were entertained by several Mariachi bands.  




The Riverwalk is actually very cool.  I would have been nervous to have my kids with me though. It would be super easy to just fall in.  But, it was lovely for mom and I to take a stroll on after lunch...
 ...and to stop and take a few pictures by.

Thanks for the wonderful trip mom!  I had a great time!

2 comments:

Building Walls said...

I'm so glad that you guys had a good time.. AND got a new camera... :) It's just good!! Hope you have a great week!

krish said...

I have to say that my favorite thing about this blog is imagining you in the company of your sweet mom being serendaded by the mariachi man and the classic look on your face. :) classic, Naomi! Just classic.