Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Morning

We woke up, on Christmas morning, at our house this year.  It was really fun to see Madeline excited about the gifts that appeared under the tree.  The first present she opened was the one from Oliver, which she actually picked out herself and said it was from Oliver.  

It was a Curious George book.   Surprise! :)

Oliver wasn't all that into opening his presents.  He was happy with a little paper.  But, Madeline chose a Look and Find book for him.  And he liked it once it was open.  


Madeline helped Oliver open the rest of his presents. 


It's Super Oliver!


Madeline got a lot of musical instruments.  She has been asking for an accordion and monica (harmonica) for a while.  

 Oliver liked playing with the accordion as well.  

And she needed a new blue recorder.  

Madeline got a cape too.


Madeline also got some pretend donuts for her kitchen since she loves donuts and a Wii game.  Oliver got some puzzles and tools.  And they both got a set of wooden unit blocks.  After opening all the gifts, we ate some breakfast including sausage, donuts and waffles.  

And then we waited for Nana and Papa to come up to show them all our new toys.  They brought some really cool MagnaTiles and lots of other gifts too.  

After our Christmas morning at home, we headed to our SIL's parents' house for a Christmas lunch.  It was very nice.  But, I didn't take any pictures.  :(  But, it was a wonderful Christmas day!

4 comments:

Sincerely Anna said...

I love Christmas mornings with just our little family, too. This is only the 3rd time we've done that and I'd like to keep that a tradition. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Maureen said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who enjoys an immediate family only christmas! Doug's family thinks I'm insane :)

Jaime Lee said...

Just caught up on your blog and all your wonderful photos. I LOVE the photo on the header of your blog!

the mcquiddys said...

I'm glad you guys had such an enjoyable Christmas. I enjoyed looking at the pictures, as always. :) On a different note, what solution did you find when you ran out of free storage on blogger? I remember reading that you had that problem a while back and unfortunately, now I have too! I saw that you can purchase more storage (20G for 5.00), but considering that I only have used 1G since I started the blog in 2008, I don't think I'll need all 20G. Maybe over time yes, but it looks as if you have to use 20G that year and at the end of the year you have to renew again. No carrying over.

Bottom line: I need your expert help. :) Thank you!