Friday, March 26, 2010

Overheard At My House

Yesterday, I was getting really frustrated with the mess in our house and the fact that we couldn’t get out of the house before 2pm to go to the grocery store. I just needed to find my cell phone and then we could go. I asked Madeline if she had seen it or taken it. She said, “I help you find it.” I rushed upstairs to look for it and Madeline followed me up. She came and grabbed my hand and stroked it saying, “calm down, just calm down. I help you find it.” She's so sweet and I didn't realize she could read me so well. Makes me realize that I always need to be watching my attitude and how I react to things. I've got little eyes watching my every move.
In the car, Madeline often talks about when she gets to drive. She used to think she had to be 3. I think she might know that the age is 16 now. The other week she told me, "When I'm a mommy, I can drive. And when you're little, you can ride in my car seat." Thanks honey. That's really sweet of you. I actually like the pretty flowers on your car seat more than the gray on mine.
Another day she said, "There are 2 car seats in here. Oliver has one and I have one." I said, "I have one too." She said, "No mommy (like I was so silly), you don't have a car seat. You just have a seat." She's a smart cookie.

2 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

This just made us laugh out loud:)

Johnna Riddell said...

She sounds so precious... kids say the best stuff... and they do seem to "get it" so much more easily than we do.

Lydia used to talk about when she became big and I was little again... at that age... I always thought it was sweet.