Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy Independence Day!



We started our holiday with a cookout with some friends. The Sinks and Whited's came over for the afternoon. Madeline and Kathryn got to hang out.


Chase enjoyed the swing.


Cristen and Johnny Sink


Unfortunately I don't have a picture of Krisha. But, here is Brian with Madeline. Madeline has always like Brian for some reason. I think he kind of looks like my brother. So, maybe that is why :)


Later in the afternoon, we headed to a Tea Party in Roanoke.




$11 Trillion and climbing...Now that's a lot of change!





When it started getting dark, we headed to the fireworks at River's Edge. We enjoyed a Dixie band and the Beattles while we waited for the fireworks.



This was Madeline's first time seeing fireworks and she loved the "boom booms"! She layed in my lap most of the time and kept saying, "whoa", "boom boom", "whoa."




Happy Independence Day everyone!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I LOVE your fireworks pictures! What a fun day. Can you believe we forgot to take ANY pictures on the 4th? Oh well, there's always next year.

JRob said...

too funny... I recently went to a tea party too.. it was interesting- but there were some "interesting" people there. lol.

Nathaniel Simmons said...

I like how Jenny's use of interesting doesn't seem to mean the same thing both times.