Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's A...


So, we went to the doctor today for our 20 week appointment. First of all, how did I get halfway through this pregnancy already? I guess the weeks go by much quicker with a toddler running around. Our new little baby looked perfectly healthy. They checked the heart, spine, kidneys, legs, arms, brain, head, pretty much everything.





Fortunately, he cooperated enough to show us his stuff. That's right, it's a BOY!!! I know Andrew and I would have been happy with either a boy or girl. But, we were both secretly hoping for a boy. I kept seeing all the cute little boy clothes everywhere and wanted to buy them. And now I can make little ties for him to wear. Oh... the cuteness.
Well, we are so happy to have a healthy little baby. I knew he was doing well with all the moving that has been going on in there. I didn't feel Madeline move until after this 19/20 week sonogram. But, this little guy has been moving and kicking for over a month now. Andrew can feel him moving too. (So weird to be calling him a "him" now. He's just been an "it" or a "they" fo so long.) It is so fun. This is the best part of being pregnant! I'm sorry the pictures are so bad. Our scanner is still broken. So, I just took pictures of the pictures. I will try to go back and replace them when I get them scanned in sometime.

12 comments:

The Sinks said...

YAY!!!! Congrats! We're big fans of the girl first/boy second combo! :) Madeline will love having a "little buddy" around!

Lauren said...

yaaaay! :)

Karen said...

Yah! That is sooo exciting. I know you guys would have been happy no matter what God blessed you with. So cool to have a healthy boy. :) I know Madeline will make the best "big sister."

How have you been feeling this pregnancy? Has it been different the 2nd time around?

Praying for you guys! :)

Daniel and Kimberly Jordan said...

No Way!! Dan and I were totally wrong!!! Congratulations--we are absolutely thrilled for ya'll!!

Beth Simmons said...

Oh, I'm so glad to see his little profile. So sweet! I love him:)

Krisha said...

woohooo! yeah boy playmates! That's so awesome! We are so excited for you! I can't wait to see how Madeline interacts with a lil guy :)

Trisha said...

Yippee! Congrats to you both. I guess Joe and I will have to live vicariously through the two of you.

Becky Swann said...

Oh Awesome! i'm so excited for you!! Hopefully I will see you next weekend?! :)

Chantry said...

congratulations!! that is so exciting! cant wait to watch this baby grow! Madeline will be a great big sister =)

Tabitha said...

Hooray!! We love little boys! :) So excited for you guys as your family continues to grow. Madeline is going to be an awesome big sister! Hope to see you all soon!

Ian said...

YAY!! So excited for you guys!! Very glad that he is he and more importantly that he is healthy!! Can't wait to see you guys; end of July, right??!!

Nathaniel Simmons said...

Thats great news - he can start joining our Thanksgiving football league soon!