Monday, May 11, 2009

Potty Training

We are in the early stages of potty training with Madeline. This means that we have watched A LOT of Elmo's Potty Time (which I actually like). I have also been putting training pants on Madeline a few times. They are the smallest size I could find. But, they are still a little big on her. But, she likes her big girl underwear. She likes them so much, that it makes her want to dance...





And why not include Baby and Elmo in the dancing. They are actually potty training too. But, they go a lot more on the potty than Madeline.




Madeline has gone peepee on the potty 2 times already. She likes to sit on her potty and then get up to see if there is anything in it. Then she will sit down again and try some more. She certainly knows when she is going in her diaper and will let us know.
If I just really dedicated a week to training her, she would probably be trained. So, maybe we will be doing that in the next few weeks. I will let you know how it goes. But, then I keep thinking about how easy diapers are. We don't have to find a bathroom while we are out. And I don't have to think about her putting her precious little hands on the public toilets that grose me out anyways. But, then I remember that there is another one coming soon and it would be easier if we didn't have 2 in diapers. And I should probably do it earlier rather than later so that she doesn't decide to stop being potty trained once the new baby gets here.
Ok, I guess I have convinced myself.

6 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

Granny and PawPaw are so proud of you Madeline, for going peepee in the potty 2 times! And for wearing big girl pants:)

The Sinks said...

Go Madeline! Kathryn is potty training too! She's doing really well with it, just can't get the pooing part down quite yet. Good luck!

The Sinks said...

Oh, and Kathryn was super excited to see that Madeline has the same big girl panties as she does!

Lauren said...

ohhhhh you'll have to let me know how it goes! i havent had success with savannah yet...

Matt and Laurie Beardsley said...

Congratulations on your potty training, Mommy, Daddy and Madeline! I hope it goes really well!! :-)

The Nolls said...

That is very exciting! I hope it continues to go really well. We had a great few weeks and then total reversion back :( My mom promised to take care of it for me when they stay with her a week in June, so I am holding out for then (I know, I am a lazy mama!).

I'm sure Madeline will do a great job! I love her little panty dance :)