Monday, May 18, 2009

Grocery Bag Holder

I have been very inspired by my friend, Kim's, recent sewing obsession. You can check out her cool things at thirtyoneeighteen.com. So today, Madeline and I headed to Joann's Fabrics and bought some inspiring prints to jump start some sewing projects.

So, I came home, put Madeline down for a nap and began searching for my first project. I remember Andrew saying that his mom had a lot of grocery bags and maybe she would like something to put them in. So, I found this great tutorial online and made it in less than 2 hours. It's a grocery bag holder. You stuff the bags in the top and pull one out at a time through the bottom. We don't keep many grocery bags around here. So, I don't know if it works real well. But, I think it will. So, Marg, this is for you.
Hmmm... what will I make tomorrow?

3 comments:

Krisha said...

You are so creative!!! That's the design of my nursing cover and I love it!!!! I like your idea b/c it's so handy...so umm I already recruited Kim... and I know you have so much time these days...hehe. But seriously, I'd buy one. maybe you should start a website. Hey, is there anything that is like a recycling separator:) I'm trying to figure out something that can hold cubbies for our recycling in the kitchen without being too bulky? any ideas? I bet you could make a similar wall holder for bath toys that you could toss in there and it wouldn't matter if they were damp cuz you could wash the holder. ohh the ideas!

Kimberly said...

Love it! Glad I could inspire you...(and thanks for the plug for the website, by the way)!! Keep up the good work!

Beth Simmons said...

Naomi, I'm so proud of you. Great job. I'm sure Marg will love it.