Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pool


Well, we finally made it to the pool for the first time this season. All I have to say is, "COLD!" (Really, that's not all I'm going to say. But, you get the point.)

We lathered on the sunscreen, got on our swimsuits and rode our bikes to the pool. (Don't you love her zebra print shorts?) By the time we got there, it wasn't so sunny anymore.


Madeline stuck her feet in and then signed, "all done". She did not want to get in at all. But, then daddy got in. So, we went in too. She had a great time. She wanted to stay snuggled close. I didn't mind because she kept me warm too. The sun finally decided to come out for a little bit before we left.



Madeline watched daddy go off the diving board and kept asking for more. Then she decided she wanted to jump off too. So, I dropped her off the diving board down to daddy in the pool. She did it over and over. I was going to get a video of it. But, by the time I got the camera, she decided that she was done.


So, even though it was freezing cold, I guess we can consider our first pool experience this season a success. Hopefully next time the temperature will be a little warmer, the sun will be shining and the water will be warmer too.

We rode our bikes home. (Where I actually had a small wreck. I'm happy that Madeline was on the back of Andrew's bike and not mine.) Then we ate lunch, took baths and now everyone is sleeping. Except for me. Fun day, and it is only half way over.

1 comment:

Beth Simmons said...

Looks like fun! Thanks for posting. I'm glad she liked jumping in. I thought she would.
And, thanks for posting the new video! So much fun to hear a new grand baby's heartbeat!