Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baby Things

Well I finally picked up my camera after about a month.  I'm not sure what my problem was.  I think I have been in a fog for the past month or so.  Just kind of surviving the end of this pregnancy.  I've been getting a little energy back.  Probably just because I know there are only 5 days left until we meet this little girl.  But, Madeline and Oliver have certainly had lots of energy.  And they have been super excited about all the baby gear that is coming back into our house.  They love playing in the swing, the johnny jump up, the bouncy seats and the exersaucer.  Madeline has been helping to get the baby's room ready.  She helped put the sheet and bumper in the crib.  And we just put the mobile up.  They both thought it was fun to play with that as well.  

Madeline can hardly wait until she gets to hold her baby sister.  She's been waiting a long time.  But, she says that her job is to hold the baby.  So, everyone else might have to fight for a turn.  Oliver will actually give the baby kisses before he goes to bed.  I'm sure he has no clue what he is doing.  We'll see how he adjusts to this new little baby in his life.  But, we are all excited to meet her on Monday!


2 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

Yay for a new post! I think Oliver and Madeline look pretty cute in that bed but, I can hardly wait to see our new little girlie in there:) Looking forward to seeing all five of you very soon!

ranelle said...

aw :) i cant wait to hear the news! I'll be praying everything goes well.