Friday, June 17, 2011

And So It Begins...

Yesterday, I officially started packing up our house.  It's a little weird to be packing up our home from the past 7 years.  So much has happened here.  We came home from our honeymoon here.  We brought home our first and second born.  We have been a family here.  We have remodeled a kitchen and updated bathrooms, light fixtures and painted every wall and ceiling.  We have met great neighbors such as Betty, Reena and Sybil.  And just recently we welcomed a new baby right next door.  But, I think it is now time to move on.  My legs are telling me this everytime I walk up to the 3rd floor of our condo. (And Madeline tells me she is tired to).  We are excited to have a backyard, a playroom, room for guests and a closer parking spot (like in the driveway).  We are excited for the memories that we will build in our new house.  But, it's still a little sad that Madeline probably won't even remember her first home and Oliver definitely won't.  

But, she is enjoying the packing process so far.  She "helped" me yesterday by dragging up all her animals, blankets and pillows to put into the boxes... I mean train.  Then she got in and told me I had to drive it.  We were going on a moon, or a honeymoon together.  But, first we had to drop the kids off at Gran and Gramps.  (Anybody recognize this scenario from The Berenstein Bears?)  We never made it on our honeymoon.  We ended up dropping the kids off and then she put them all to bed and we went to Target.  But, we had a good time anyways.  

1 comment:

Brad and Lauren Holmes said...

Oh Naomi! This post nearly made me cry! I will always remember your family's first home. We have had a few great sleep-overs at your house and many laughs together too! I can't wait to make more memories on Wild Cherry Lane with you guys. We love you so much. :-)