Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Apple Picking


Last weekend, we went apple picking with some good friends, The Pulls. They have 3 beautiful little girls whom Madeline loves to hang out with.

In fact, Theia was the first friend Madeline talked about. She always talked about "Feia".


The girls had a good time picking the rotten apples off the ground to put in their bags.

It was fairly difficult to get the apples off the trees since most of the low ones were taken. Thankfully, Andrew is a good climber though.
We may have taste tested a few of the apples. But, we had to know what we were getting into before we commited to picking and buying more.




Joe had his lap full with all the girls wanting to take a break on him.



Aliyah didn't get to eat any apples. But, she seemed pretty content with just gnawing on the bag.

It was a beautiful day to just wander through rows and rows of trees. Fall has got to be my favorite time of year.




Theia


Xandra is way cool with her glasses!


Trisha with baby Aliyah.
Trisha and I before we headed to a late lunch at Chick-Fil-A where the fun continued, but the pictures stopped!
We ended up with a bunch of Golden Delicious apples that were so yummy. Madeline and I ate them all week long. And the beautiful fall day inspired me to make a festive Pumpkin Ring/cake when I got home, which Madeline called, "pumpkin happy cake." Like I said, it's my favorite time of year!

1 comment:

Beth Simmons said...

Such cute pictures. I love how Madeline's nose is pushed to the side so she can get a bite. I also love the pic of the three girls walking. Looks like a fun time.