Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Blurb



Well, a few years ago, I (or maybe Andrew, I can't remember now) came up with the million dollar idea of turning your blog into a book. So, I searched around online and of course, someone has already thought of the idea. So, no million dollars for us. But, we did take the opportunity to make a book out of this blog.

I haven't done an incredible job of keeping up with Madeline's baby book. But, our blog has had way more information about her first year than any baby book would. So, I made Madeline a baby book.


It has 203 pages with everything from her first few sonograms and birth...


...all the way through her first birthday parties.


And then there is a ton of stuff in between.





Here is the back and front covers.
If you are interested in making your own book. You can go to www.blurb.com and check it out. There is a free program to download to your computer. It will upload all of the blogs that you want into the book for you. (So you don't have to retype everything and upload all the pictures individually) I went back and changed fonts and arranged the pictures differently. It is very simple to use. When I was done, I just uploaded and bought it. They mailed it to me about a week or so later. I think it is great quality. The pages aren't as glossy as I thought they would be. But, the pictures came out in a good quality. I would highly recommend doing this with your own blog. I have already started our baby boy's book so I don't get as far behind this time. You can also check out Madeline's book here. It will let you preview the first 15 pages or so.
Happy Blurbing!!

6 comments:

Chantry said...

We also did this!! I loved the idea of having all of the journaling included with the pictures! Your book looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing!

Hope you are having a great summer!

Randy and Lindsay said...

Thanks so much for sharing this site! Randy and I want to do this with our blog, but I wondered how it would turn out! Now I know!!!! It looks great!

Katherine said...

What a great idea! I think I may make one for my other little niece, but will have to write the blurbs and find the pics since I don't have a whole blog on her. It looks awesome:)

Tabitha said...

Aww! beautiful! Great job on keeping up with Madeline's first year on your blog!

Karen said...

I am so glad you posted about this. I really want to do a book of Sierra's first year too. I was just talking with my Sister-in-law this weekend about Blurb.com. Thank you for providing positive feedback. It looks awesome!!! :)

Trisha said...

You inspire me, Naomi! It's beautiful. What a wonderful heritage for Madeline and her kids and what a wonderful keepsake for you, too. Nicely done!