Saturday, September 10, 2011

Together at Home

We were happy to get our little Lucy home with the rest of the family.  And I'm sure Madeline was driving my parents nuts by asking a bajillion times when the new baby was coming home.  I think Madeline had high hopes of being able to carry her new baby around the house.  But, we dashed her dreams by telling her she had to sit down to hold her.  But, she still likes to hole her.  It just doesn't last too long.  You can also see Madeline's new love for hairbows and headbands together.    


 Madeline and I made a birthday cake for Lucy before I went to the hospital.  Unfortunately we ran out of icing and I didn't get a chance to get anymore.  So, poor Lucy got a pretty pathetic birthday cake.  

But, Oliver didn't mind what it looked like.  I have to say that his cake eating abilities have improved since his first birthday.  He just tries to shove it all in.  

Everyone wanted to help with Lucy's first bath.  And she loved soaking down in the little tub.  

Our eat-in-kitchen turned into a photo studio.  Madeline wanted her picture taken so badly.  So, Gigi took some pictures of her as well while Lucy was eating.  If you want to see Lucy's first photoshoot, head on over here.  My mom spent about 6 hours taking pictures of Lucy.  And I love them all.  

This picture cracks me up.  Oliver decided he wanted to hold Lucy.  But, then she started fussing.  Andrew is "shhhh-shing" her.  Madeline is shaking the rattle because she "probably likes it". And Oliver is just looking at me like, "what is happening, Mom"?
So, this was Lucy's first days at home.  

2 comments:

Kanon Simmons said...

The third picture down is my favorite for two reasons: one is that Lucy is levitating and the second reason is that the cake is half-iced.

Jana Smoot said...

You have the most beautiful family Naomi!! I can't wait to "see" (by pictures) the kiddos grow up. You are amazing and your kids are so lucky to have you and Andrew as parents!