Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rainbows and Beauty Shops

We didn't go to church this morning because our church had a retreat this weekend and we decided not to go. So, I took advantage of our extra morning this weekend and made some rainbow pancakes for breakfast.  Our rainbow got reverted to the ROY G BP version since I don't know how to make indigo and violet with food coloring.  I saw the idea on a blog last night and thought it was super fun.  I always see all these fun ideas on peoples' blogs and tuck them away for another day.  I usually never get back to them and just wish I was a super cool mom like all these other moms.  But, rainbow pancakes are super easy.  So, I just went for it this morning.  Madeline ate every single one of them.    


Then, Madeline let me play real beauty shop with her.  Not just the pretend kind, with the fake curling iron and fake hair dryer that blows, but barely enough to blow out a candle.  I brought out the big guns.  My giant purple can of grape flavored Aussie hairspray that I have probably had for about 10 years and the real curling iron.  Madeline wanted hair like a princess.  So, I found an idea on another blog (of another super cool mom that does super cool things for her kids) and she happily sat still while I fixed her hair.  It has 3 pony tails and lots of curls and hairspray.  



For just a little while this morning I felt like a fun mom who does cool things with her kids.  And for the rest of the day, Madeline smelled like a grape flavored scratch n' sniff sticker.  Good times.

5 comments:

Miller said...

She looks gorgeous, I love her necklace!

ranelle said...

Looks so fun. I too, wish I was "one of those moms". Unfortunately I'm not. Love her hair! Give baby Lucy a kiss from me!

Beth Simmons said...

I think the salon was a success. Madeline definitely looks like a princess!!

JRob said...

i have that same bottle of hairspray and keith doesn't like the smell at all. :) too funny! She looks lovely... you could do a glamour shots photo with her and have it near your photo at your parent's house- the one with the curyl hair? so cute!

The Girl said...

Madeline looks so beautiful! Will you do my hair? ;-)