Thursday, May 26, 2011

Easter


We spent Easter down in Roanoke with my family.  My soon-to-be sister in law had a bridal shower that weekend as well.  So, the whole family was in town.  I have absolutely no pictures of the shower because I was making a most fabulous ribbon bouquet for Kanon.  

After church on Sunday, the kids enjoyed the beautiful weather and spent all day outside.  And everyone should have a recorder when they swing.  It's a must.

Oliver wants to ride the trike.  But, his legs just aren't quite long enough yet.  But, he can still pretend.  

Madeline caught a "lightning bug".  I didn't have the heart to tell her it wasn't a lightning bug, but just some other yucky bug that hangs out at Gigi and Pawpaws house. 

Oliver had fun climbing the ladder and going down the slide in the tree fort that Pawpaw built.  


One of Oliver's favorite games right now is to run away.  It's not so fun for mommy.  But, he thinks it's hilarious.  Daddy played this round with him.  

I think this captures his runny perfectly.  He kind of bounces from side to side with his arms flailing about.  I love it.  

Check out his tie.



Then it was time for an Easter egg hunt.  

Oliver didn't really care.  He just waved bye and walked off.  

But, he was happy when he found the candy inside a few of them.  

 Madeline knew exactly what to do this year.  And she knew what was waiting for her inside those eggs.  (Probably because she helped me stuff them.)




Oliver got an orange Skittle.  Can you tell?



 Oliver's stash when all was said and done.  I think Madeline definitely came out the winner.  

Dad so kindly took a picture of our family.  I am so happy that Madeline is moving past the no-picture phase.  She actually enjoys getting her picture taken now and will sometimes ask for me to take it.  

And then, some of our favorite people came over for lunch.  Madeline can't stop talking about sweet Hannah.  She wants to know when she is coming to our house about every 5 minutes.  

Then we put the cameras down to eat some yummy Filet Mignon.  After lunch, the kids played outside until it was dark while the adults enjoyed some conversation.  It was a fabulous Easter Sunday.  Of course, it was most fabulous because we were celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and savior, Jesus Christ so that we might have everlasting fellowship with Him.  What a wonderful God we serve!

1 comment:

Building Walls said...

I love these pictures... especially the one of Oliver's run :) Your kids are amazingly adorable! I also love that we get to be your friends... I'm goin to be bragging about this and now can have your blog as evidence ;) Thanks for makin our day. Hannah's ready to come see Madeline asap too :)