Friday, October 23, 2009

Will Pee Pee for Candy!


Last Friday night, while we were working in baby brother's room, Madeline just told us, "I needs to go potty." And she headed to the potty. I didn't really pay attention, because frankly, she sits on the potty a lot and nothing happens. But, this night was different. She shut the door on us and then went pee pee in the potty all by herself. We were so surprised!

Now, she has been going pee pee on the potty for several days. Sometimes she needs a little reminder and other times I will notice that she is gone and she has gone off to the bathroom by herself. She will only go while we are at home. Or if we are at someone's house that has a little potty. So, she still has a few accidents. But, if we are at home, I usually try to keep "big good girl" underwear (training pants) on her so she can go by herself. Sometimes she likes her privacy. And other times she wants everyone to "listen to my pee pees" (in a whispered voice).


So, she isn't really potty trained. But, she is getting very very close. So, Madeline will now pee pee for M&M's. As soon as she is done she says, "I get CANDY!" Sometimes she will keep going back to pee pee just a tiny bit, just so she can get CANDY! We might need to move to a sticker chart soon :)

Now, can I have a little privacy?

2 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

Yay Madeline! Such a big girl now!

Beth Simmons said...

Dad and I just watched the new videos. So so cute! Thanks for posting them.