Friday, February 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Madeline!

Madeline is 2 months old today! I can't believe how time is flying. But, each day just gets better and better. Madeline is learning so much each day.

She doesn't really like tummy time too much. But, if she has her Boppy and her dad to look at, then she will put up with it for a little bit. We are working on extending her tummy time so she can work her muscles a little more.


She is a great sleeper. During the day she will sleep in her crib, swing, floor, bouncy seat or my arms. At night, we swaddler her all up and then put her in her crib. We are on our second velcro swaddler now because the velcro wore out of the first one. As soon as she is wrapped up, she knows that it is time to go to sleep and she will just lay in her crib until she falls asleep. She usually goes to sleep around 10:30 or 11:00 and then sleeps until 5 in the morning. Then I feed her and put her back down until about 7 or 8. But, this past Wednesday she slept all the way to 6:30. That was her first full night of sleep! Although it is exciting that she is on the verge of sleeping through the night. I have to say that it is a little sad. I actually really enjoy that sweet time in the middle of the night. Everything is so quiet and peaceful.


Madeline is quite the happy girl. She smiles almost all day long. She smiles when you kiss her feet, when you talk to her, when Miss Elephant plays with her, pretty much all the time. It is so fun to play with her. She has also begun playing and interacting with toys more. She loves the toys in her bouncy seat, Miss Elephant and pretty much anything that makes noise. She will bat at them with her hands and try to get them.




Madeline loves to talk to people now too. She will coo and smile back.


She really loves when her daddy brings her McDonald's home for lunch :) Andrew comes home for lunch about 3 or 4 times a week. It is so sweet to see him loving on his little girl.


She got to use her high chair for the first time last week while we ate dinner with my parents. She is a very social little girl and likes to see what is going on. So, we thought that maybe she would like to sit up high where she could be a part of our dinner. She enjoyed it a lot. I think she is getting a little curious about all the food we are putting in our mouths.
It is amazing to watch her learn each day. Everyday is so exciting. So, in a way, I want time to keep going so we can see the next exciting thing she is going to do. But, on the other hand, I wish that I could make time stand still so that she doesn't grow up. I just keep thinking that my mom used to watch me do these new things. And now, I am all grown up and have a baby of my own. I can't imagine Madeline all grown up with a baby of her own. But, I know it is going to happen. Motherhood is so bittersweet. But, worth every second.

4 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

Happy Birthday Madeline! We miss you. I'm sorry you had to get shots for your birthday:(
Love you!
Granny B

Becky Swann said...

Naomi, Madeline just keeps getting cuter and cuter!! How can you guys stand it, I just want to hug her!!

The Sinks said...

Oh my goodness, she's getting so big and learning so much! It seems like she's so advanced for 2 months old! We can't wait to see you all in a few weeks!

Nathaniel Simmons said...

I am happy that you guys have blog - 1,000 years ago it would have been so hard to share digital pictures that I wouldn't have gotten to see Madeline very much.