Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Glass Blowing

Andrew has found a new hobby that he loves maybe even more than fish. These next pictures show his progression from the beginner class through the intermediate class.

This picture is of his snowman. This is how he learned how to gather glass onto the pole.


After he learned how to gather glass, he learned how to blow the glass to make bowls.


He then learned how to make a vase. His didn't quite turn out like the teacher's (the second picture) But, it is really good for small flowers from our wildflower garden.


After he learned how to blow glass he learned how to add color using "Frit". (I am not sure if that is how to spell it.) He roles the piece he is making into little pieces of colored glass.


After his beginner class, he went in on his own to make a few things. He made a great tea light holder, candy dish, and we aren't sure what to do with the last piece.



During his intermediate class, he learned how to add solid colors instead of just rolling color on with the Frit. He also learned how to add feet and handles. He made a fun parfait and cappocino mug. He actually had a cup of hot chocolate out of his white mug.

I think this is my favorite piece.


During another intermediate class he learned how to make lines of color.

Sadly, he has finished his last intermediate class. So, I think he is ready for the advanced class.

2 comments:

The Nolls said...

I LOVE the updates!!! too bad for little 50 per cent. so sorry for your loss. But I LOVE the sun polyp. how cool. And it looks like Andrew is pretty talented with glass blowing... maybe he should start sellling his pieces...
Josh and Tab said you might be coming down sometime soon??? I hope we get to see you guys!

Tabitha said...

So many fun pics, Naomi! I feel like I've had a tour of your house ... some of the more fascinating parts. :)
I really enjoy learning about all the different water animals ... I call them that because I don't think they're all fish. Love the sun polyp! I think Van Gough painted one of those ... or I guess maybe it was sunflowers. :) love ya!