Friday, January 5, 2007

Christmas with the Simmons!

We usually spend Christmas Eve with my Dad's family. But, this year we had it a little early so my aunt and cousin could join us from Alabama. Abby and my dad are now best friends. Abby calls dad "Tea" (The best she can do with Steve) And she is about to be a big sister in April.


My grandmother decided to do a gift exchange this year instead of everyone buying gifts for each other. I think it was a great idea and it was really fun. This is my grandfather, who is very happy about the goody basket he stole from Andrew.


I got a box of cane tips (you know, the rubber that goes on the tip of of cane so you don't slide around). Little did we all know that they were stuffed with $10. Yea, hittin' the jackpot!


After things calmed down a little bit, Nathaniel decided to show us his toe writing abilities. I have to admit he is pretty good. After he showed us, we all gave it a shot. (I can write my name in cursive!)



This is my family. Nathaniel, Mom, me, Andrew and Dad.


On Christmas morning, we got to go down stairs and open all our presents. I got a new Kitchen Aid mixer. I am really excited about it. I have already used it to make a meatloaf. I feel this renewed urge to cook more. Andrew got money for more glass blowing lessons. He is going on Sunday for his Intermediate Class. I will try to put up some pictures of his beautiful artwork when it is done. Nathaniel was very excited about his new hard drive :)


We got to spend the whole week after Christmas with my family. It was so nice. I am always sad when we have to leave because we all get along so well.

No comments: