Saturday, February 9, 2013

Horseback Riding

 Back in July, yes almost a year ago, we went horseback riding.  A wonderful lady from our church, Mrs. Pearce has a couple horses and she invited us and our friends, The Lockards, to go riding with her.  It's hard to remember those warm days as it has been so cold here for so long.  But, I am thinking it was around 300 or 301 degrees outside.  


Madeline got to go first.  She put on her light-up fairy helmet and rode Dawn like a pro.  


And we went in search of some shade.  


Next, Ava was up.  

I think she looks so natural like she could be jumping poles and gates in just a minute.  

Dawn was such a sweet horse.


Lucy enjoyed most of the hike in the stroller with a snack of popcorn to keep her there.  

 Oliver and Buddy ran on ahead to sit down and take a rest.  Did I mention that it was hot?

Then, Oliver got his turn.  Ok, that sweet little face just melts my heart.  

 Mrs. Pearce was so patient with all of these kids.

We found a little more shade to take a break in.  

I don't remember very well, but I guess buddy never ended up riding.  At least I didn't get any pictures of it.  So, we headed back to the beginning and ate a little lunch.  



Lucy didn't want any part of being sat down for a picture.  

But, she was happy to climb up on Ava.  

And happy to sit with Mrs. Pearce.  

Thanks for inviting us, Mrs. Pearce.  It was a super fun day and experience.  It's about time I got around to blogging about it :)

1 comment:

Paul Glenn said...

A Hot Posting.

Horses can be fun.

Nice outing for the day.