Thursday, May 24, 2012

What We're Eating


Last Week's Dinner:
Monday:  Lime Chicken Tacos - We ended up not eating these the week before since we left town early on Friday
Tuesday: Chicken Packet with Lime and Cilantro Marinade served over quinoa.  I absolutely loved this.  It was almost like a Chipotle dish once I added black beans and sour cream.  Lucy loved it too.
Wednesday: Pork Tenderloin with roasted veggies.  (A Pampered Chef recipe)  This is super yummy with a rosemary rub on the pork and veggies
Thursday: Baked Cheesy Chicken with whole wheat breadcrumbs.  I was going to make some.  But, I found some at Whole Foods.  
Friday: Cheese Pizza  I found a pizza sauce that works for our rules at Whole Foods.  I had a hard time finding mozzarella cheese.  So, I just shredded up some cheese sticks.  Everybody must have been missing pizza pretty bad because Madeline ate 4 pieces, Oliver had 3 and Lucy had 1.  It was super yummy.  I think we might have pizza night every Friday now.  

We also discovered snow cones last week.  My little Ninja blender made perfect snow and we just topped it with organic grape juice concentrate from Whole Foods.  I mixed a can of concentrate with 1/2 can of water.  The kids were super excited about them.  I just put them in cups last week.  But, I found some snow cone cups at Target this week that will make it even more authentic.

I also made a yummy Nutella substitute.  There is an entire avocado in it.  The recipe called for almond butter.  But, I only had peanut butter.  It is really good.  But, I think I like the almond butter version better.  Although, I can't complain too much about something that tastes like a reeces' cup.  

Here's this week's dinner:
Monday: Dinner with our neighbors.  Kristin made a whole chicken in the crockpot with mashes potatoes.  Very yummy.  Andrew is already requesting it again.  
Tuesday:  Spaghetti and salad -  I found a spaghetti sauce at Whole Foods that works for us as well.  
Wednesday:  Ribeye Steak, Baked Potatoes and Cheesy Zucchini Rice - Andrew requested steaks this week.  So, that's what we did.  
Thursday:  Fajitas with homemade tortillas
Friday: Pizza

I also made some granola this week.  I used coconut oil and butter instead of the vegetable oil.  And I omitted the sunflower seeds.  They just don't seem to fit into my idea of granola.  Anyways, it's perfect for breakfast and also on top of some yogurt as a snack.  

I just realized that I say "super yummy" a lot.  It just seems to describe our food a lot. 

4 comments:

Maureen said...

It all sounds delicious!

Nathaniel Simmons said...

I am excited about starting our commune so we can eat all your super yummy food

Naomi said...

As long as you share some of Kanon's strawberry jam.

Justine said...

Glad you liked the "nutella"! I like it better with almond butter too, but you're right that there's nothing wrong with a big bowl of Reece's cup. :)