Monday, April 4, 2011

When?

When did Oliver get big enough to climb the ladder, 

cross the bridge, 

 and go down the slide, all by himself?

When did Madeline get big enough to hang from so high up and let me take a picture of it?

When did Madeline get mature enough to always be checking on Oliver to make sure he isn't going to get hurt and to help him go down the slide?

When did Madeline figure out how to spin 'round and 'round without throwing up?

When did Madeline get brave enough to want a Ladybug to crawl on her finger, but not brave enough to have it fly right by her face?

When did Oliver get so cute?



When did they learn how to play so sweetly with each other?


And want to be close to each other?
When did Madeline stop caring that her hands were dirty and just get on with playing?

 When did Madeline learn how to go across the whole balance beam without falling off?

 When did Oliver stop eating the chalk and start actually drawing with it?



When did Madeline figure out that she could fit in the baskets under the stroller?

Man I love these kids.  Life is happening so quickly with these 2.  They are constantly growing, changing and amazing me.  But, today, time stood still for a few hours while we just enjoyed each other and being outside in the warm air.        

Life is sweet right now.  





I wouldn't trade mine for anything.

9 comments:

Beth Simmons said...

What a sweet post! I love all these great photos of the kids. And I love them too, so very much! Thanks for sharing your great day:)

Trisha said...

I was thinking similar thoughts on my way home this evening. It really is good to be momma to our little ones.

Jaime Lee said...

love this precious post!

Building Walls said...

This was so sweet... and I loved every single picture. They are such sweet, beautiful kids. I also still haven't learned how to go on the tire swing without throwing up so I'd love some tips from Madeline :) Thanks for sharing these pics!

Nathaniel Simmons said...

That was a really fun post

Krisha said...

Ooh! Ooh! I know when! The day the Whiteds left? :) Thanks for taking time to pause and reflect. Good reminder for me too!

Paul Glenn said...

Great posting Naomi and cast!
Paul

Sincerely Anna said...

Such a cute post. I love the pics of Madeline holding all the chalk and her and Oliver playing together. We have to get together for a park playdate soon!

The Girl said...

I can answer one question for you: Oliver was BORN that cute. Now I have a question: how is it that only Madeline's HEAD is in the stroller basket? That is a seriously disorienting picture!! HAHAHA!