Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Curls


I tried to put some curls in Madeline's hair today.



Unfortunately, it didn't go so well. Her hair didn't curl very well. I think I need to put more curlers in her hair. I just didn't know how long I would have with her sitting still. So, I put them in as fast as I could.


It was basically straight in a few minutes. But, we will try again another day.

On another note, we had Madeline's one year doctor's appointment today. She gave the nurse some really dirty looks. But, she was happy to see Dr. Woods. She now weighs 17lbs 12oz, which puts her in the 5th percentile. She is 31 inches tall (90th %). So, she is still tall and skinny. Dr. Woods said that since she doesn't eat too much at a time then we need to give her lots of high calorie foods. So, we are going to start making her cereal with cream instead of milk. We tried to put some peanut butter on her banana today. But, she wasn't too fond of it. She kept trying to pull the peanut butter back out of her mouth. She also got a flu shot, Hep A shot and the chicken pox vaccine. She was not happy at all. She cried until we got home. Poor thing :( But, she was extremely happy tonight. Andrew said we should get her some "happy shots" more often :)

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Bless her heart! Those shots are rough!

The curlers work better if you put a lot more curlers in, and if its just barely damp, and you put a little mousse in it before you curl it. We've learned by trial and error a few times now!

She is too adorable!

Krisha said...

Awww, she is so sweet. Beautiful like her momma. Tall and thin... every girl's envy:) haha watch out for that slim diva.Hmmmm.... Maybe Madeline will have a curly-headed brunette as her roomy/bff in college. :) One who all the boys come to visit... :) jk

Chantry said...

SOOO cute! I love the pictures! Hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas!

JRob said...

first of all... I love the photo for the blog header! So precious. And as I was reading your blog I seem to remember a photo of a young naomi with her hair super curly/permed... do you remember that photo?

I love that you are playing around with her hair. I am super excited to see you and her in a couple of weeks. Love ya!