Thursday, June 14, 2007

Last Day of School!

We finally made it to the last day of school today. In some ways this year has flown past. But, in others, I have really been counting down the days. I am really going to miss these guys. They are so funny and sweet.

I read them a book today called, "Our Teacher's Having A Baby". After I read the book I asked them why they think I read it to them. They said because Mrs. Toms (another 1st grade teacher) is having a baby. I said there was another reason. They were so surprised that I was pregnant. I had felt sure that they knew. But, they didn't. So, we spent the next 10 minutes coming up with names for our baby like Allison, Bob, Dr. Mario, and September. And most of them think it is going to be a girl.

We had a pretty fun day. We also got to make ice cream sundaes because we earned 20 high-fives. I got lots of great gifts as well. They were all better than the bottle of deodorant that I got last year. (But, I guess that's not that hard to beat :)) My secret pal also made a great gift for me. She had all my students write why they liked me. It was really sweet and funny. One of them wrote that she liked me because I was "butfall". I will give her the benefit of the doubt and guess that she was trying to say beautiful. Another student wrote that he never wanted a "subatoot" (substitute), only me.

So, all in all, it was a great first year at our new school. But, it is always nice to have a 2 month break from work. The picture at the top is from our Haloween party. I don't have any recent pictures on my computer at home. You need to check out the "chicken" on the left side. His mom made his costume out of feather boas. It was pretty cute.

1 comment:

The Sinks said...

way to make it to then end...enjoy the summer! (and we hope to see you when you're in town this summer!)