Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Overheard at My House

While we were getting gas on Monday, Andrew started washing the windows.  Madeline asked me, "Why is daddy shaving the windows?"

During a ride down 270, we saw a car on a tow truck and Madeline, of course, asked, "Why is the car on the truck?"  We explained that it was probably broken.  She again asked, "why?".  We talked about how everything breaks and that is why we need to store our treasures in heaven.  She worriedly replied, "I don't want to store my stones in heaven."  (She likes to collect rocks while she is riding her bike outside and calls them her treasures.)  

During bath time a while back, I got water in Madeline’s ear while rinsing her hair.  She squirmed and said in a somewhat panicked voice, “There’s water in there, I can’t breath!”

4 comments:

Trisha said...

I like the I can't breathe one. That's funny. We laughed out loud this morning. Thanks for brightening our morning!

Beth Simmons said...

This made me laugh too:)

Krisha said...

Haha. That is so cute. I think one day Madeline will have her own blog that will make me laugh as hard as yours does :)

Building Walls said...

Ok all 3 of those made me laugh out loud!! Love it :) And your new post too.. she gets her sense of humor from someone..!!!: )