Thursday, March 25, 2010

Big Boy Food


Oliver started eating solid food on Sunday night. I thought he might do well with it. Sometimes after he nurses, he still seems a little hungry and will take several more ounces of formula. He is also very interested in watching us eat and tries to put things in his mouth.

So, we gave it a go. And it was a huge success. It started out a little runny and just came right back out of his mouth. But, we thickened it up a bit and he went to town on it.

Now, I have no idea what it's like to have a child that finishes his food. So, I'm not sure if I am supposed to keep feeding him until he stops opening his mouth. Or am I supposed to ration his food? All I know is it's nice to have a child that likes to eat for now. So, we are going to go with it.

Tonight we are going to try something new. Maybe some avocado or some sweet potatoes. Oh, and he slept through the night for the first time last night. He went to sleep around 11 and got up right before 8. Hopefully this continues. But, that's probably just wishful thinking. (Who wouldn't want to see that cute, adorable face in the middle of the night anyways? :)

3 comments:

Building Walls said...

He's so cute. Had to say that I LOVE your new blog header. Makes me smile :)

Sincerely Anna said...

Yay for a full night's sleep on a nice full tummy!

I asked my doc once about feeding E. too much because she always cleaned her bowl in the 6-18 month range. She chuckled and said, "you'll know when you've fed her too much - she'll throw up." Mmmkay, I guess I got my answer and it wasn't anything to be concerned about. LOL

Becky Swann said...

oh what a big guy! Way to go Oliver!
I always let Ellen eat until she slowed down, she used to eat a big huge bowl of cereal but it was what she was needing! Also that is when she slept through the night too, and she did keep it up too, hope he does that too!